Village Square Café is a casual eatery and neighborhood gathering spot serving fresh, simple fare in a warm & inviting setting. We are located in the lovely Village of Cross Keys in Roland Park.
Stop by the Village Square Cafe on Saturday evenings from 6-7:30 pm to hear live music. Each week we feature different local musicians.
Upcoming musicians include:
- Feb. 6: “A Clever Form of One,” Dallas Jacobs, Van Ertel & Denise Lavery (Country/Blues)
- Feb. 13: Deb & Gary (Pop/Rock)
- Feb. 20: Janelle (Pop & Rock)
- Feb. 27: Terry Gourley (Folk/Rock Fusion)
- March 5: Mark Weinberg (60s & 70s Oldies)
- March 12: “Better Late Than Never,” Buzz Merrick & Tom Critzer (Classic & Original Acoustic Folk)
- March 19: Lauren Weiner & Julie Riffle (Folk/Country)
- March 26: Janelle (Pop & Rock)
Village Square Cafe is now selling wines by the bottle to carry out. If you live or work in the Village of Cross Keys — or nearby — and need a bottle of wine to enjoy with your dinner at home, stop in and check out our moderately priced wine selection. Selection is limited, but will grow to suit demand. Available 7 days a week.
VSC hosts “Music Open Mic Nights” on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month. Sign ups start at 5:30 pm. Performances run 6-8 pm. Each performer/group will get time for 2-3 songs; more if time permits at the end.
Acoustic instruments are preferred, but electric guitars and keyboards will be permitted at low volumes. Sound levels must be kept to a reasonable level to respect the cafe’s diners. PA system will be provided by Rick Sambuco.
Join us for a fun evening on Thursday, June 4, 6-8 pm, when Terry Gourley will hold her annual end-of-year student recital at the VSC. Hear the voices and music of more than a half dozen talented, young Baltimoreans. From beginners to advanced students, it promises to be an entertaining evening.
Terry, who performs regularly at our Café, has been teaching voice and guitar to students of all ages for more than 25 years.