Village Square Café is a casual eatery and neighborhood gathering spot serving fresh, simple fare in a warm & inviting setting. We are located in the lovely Village of Cross Keys in Roland Park.
The cafe’s latest art exhibit features the work of Alice (paintings) & Phil Dvoskin (photography). Please join us on Thursday, March 30, 4-7 pm, for a “Meet & Greet” reception with these artists.
Phil was born and raised in Baltimore and has travelled to all seven continents. Starting with a small SLR film camera in 1979 and switching to all digital photography in 2004, he has photographed people, wildlife, and landscapes wherever he travels. phildvoskinphotography.com
Alice has been drawing and painting since age twelve. Throughout her 30+ years as a psychologist, she painted as often as possible. Now, retired, Alice can fully pursue her passion for art. http://www.alicedvoskin.com
Stop by the Village Square Cafe on Saturday evenings from 6-7:30 pm to hear live music. Each week we feature different local musicians.
Upcoming musicians include:
- April 29: Deb & Gary (Pop/Rock)
- May 6: The Dharma Bums (Folk/Rock/Indie/World Beat Blues)
- May 13: Grayson Moon (R&B/Blues/Folk)
- May 20: Terry Gourley & Friends (Folk Rock Fusion)
- May 27: Mark & Judy (Folk/Rock)
- June 3: “Vagabond Motel”: Natasha Ramirez, Mike Gehl & Fred Louden (Americana Folk Rock)
- June 10: Deb & Gary (Pop/Rock)
- June 17: Grayson Moon (R&B/Blues/Folk)
- June 24: “Better Late Than Never,” Buzz Merrick & Tom Critzer (Classic & Original Acoustic Folk)
NOTE: NO OPEN MIC ON THURS. APRIL 27
VSC hosts “Music Open Mic Nights” on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month. Sign ups start at 5:30 pm. Performances run 6-8 pm. Each performer/group will get 10 minutes; more if time permits for a second round.
Acoustic instruments are preferred, but electric guitars and keyboards will be permitted at low volumes. Sound levels must be kept to a reasonable level to respect the cafe’s diners. PA system will be provided by Rick Sambuco.