Village Square Café is a casual eatery and neighborhood gathering spot serving fresh, simple fare in a warm & inviting setting. We are located in the lovely Village of Cross Keys in Roland Park.
Stop by the Village Square Cafe on Saturday evenings from 6-7:30 pm to hear live music. Each week we feature different local musicians.
Upcoming musicians include:
- Feb. 25: “Better Late Than Never,” Buzz Merrick & Tom Critzer (Classic & Original Acoustic Folk)
- March 4: Mark & Judy (Folk/Rock)
- March 11: The Dharma Bums (Folk/Rock/Indie/World Beat Blues)
- March 18: “Better Late Than Never,” Buzz Merrick & Tom Critzer (Classic & Original Acoustic Folk)
- March 25: Terry & Vicky (Folk/Rock Fusion)
- April 1: Gary Kenneth Bass (Acoustic Americana)
VSC hosts “Music Open Mic Nights” on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month. Sign ups start at 5:30 pm. Performances run 6-8 pm. Each performer/group will get time for 2-3 songs; more if time permits at the end.
Acoustic instruments are preferred, but electric guitars and keyboards will be permitted at low volumes. Sound levels must be kept to a reasonable level to respect the cafe’s diners. PA system will be provided by Rick Sambuco.
As part of our new quarterly rotating art exhibit, we are fortunate to have a collection of beautiful photographs taken by Joe Rubino. Joe Rubino is a Baltimore videomaker, photographer, and writer. His long-term photographic interests are light and water together and separately as they occur in all their varied forms and environments. The seven photographs now on exhibit at the VSC were shot on his recent trips to Greece, Los Angeles, and Maine.